Choose Wisely. Their Future Depends On It.
The Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Development (CCECD) is committed to both the quality, availability and affordability of child care in Virginia. The Division provides guidance and support to parents, child care providers and the community to ensure safe, healthy and caring environments for children. CCECD works in conjunction with local departments of social services to operate a child care subsidy program that enables parents to work and encourages early childhood development. The Division implements a quality rating and improvement system for center-based and home-based child care programs, educates parents about the characteristics of high quality child care, provides a professional development system for the child care workforce, and collaborates with early care and education partners for a better coordinated early childhood network in Virginia.
The Child Care VA site combines a wealth of knowledge in a variety of areas including licensing, legislation, child care options and guidance, search tools and much more.
- Find quality, licensed child care
- Learn the benefits of licensed child care
- Discover your child care and early learning options
- Apply for financial assistance
- Look through an array of resources, and more
- Become a licensed provider
- Learn the new provider requirements
- Become a subsidy provider
- Receive training and professional development, and more
- View the Virginia Child Care Plan
- Review disaster plans and reports
- Learn about the types of child care in Virginia
- File a Complaint